|Alle Kommentare zu diesem Beitrag.
|Möchtest Du auch einen Kommentar schreiben? KLICK
today I found some interesting facts about our "Flower of Change" in the internet :
Ayurvedic - tulsi kul
English name- country borage
Hindi name- patta ajwain
Sanskrit name- parnyavani
Gujarati name- ovapaan
It is basically found in deserted places. It is commonly found near sea shores and more commonly seen in the area of southern Asia and south East Asian islands. In India it is now a days cultivated and is found all over.
It is a small plant and has certain features that resemble a climber. Its stem is flesh and attains a height of 1 to 3 feet. Leave are 1 to 2 inch in length. roundish, dentate, thick and fleshy resembling heart. It also has some hairs on it. Flowers are small and of blue or purplish in color. It has 4 petals. It flowers in early summers.
Carvacrol is the active ingredient present in the plant. It is about 50.7%. It also possesses volatile constituents like caryophyllene (13.1 %) and patchoulane (8.7 %).
It is vata and kapha suppressant. It is a good pain killer. It is also very effective in convulsions, paralysis and has a small amount of narcotic effect. It is a good remedy in indigestion and is helpful in avoiding tastelessness, diarrhea, liver related problems and worm infestation. It is effective in expelling out the extra amount of mucus present in the respiratory tract thus preventing diseases like cough and asthma. it is effective in treating stones and renal calculus as it is diuretic.
According to ayurveda it contains
* Gunna (properties) - laghu (light), tikshan (sharp), ruksh (dry)
* Rasa (taste) – tickt (bitter) nad katu (pungent)
* Virya (potency) – ushan (hot)
No toxic effect has been seen on human body by consumption of Coleus amboinicus
Plant part used
1. Head ache
2. Poisoning and insect bites
6. Loss of appetite
8. Abdominal pain
10. Infection in gastro-intestinal tract.
11. Worm infestation
12. Chronic chough
15. Renal calculi
* Juice- it is effective in indigestion. It is highly recommended in gastro-intestinal disturbances. Good results have been seen in cholera and diarrhea. It is also effective in intestinal related problems like that of duodenum It also nourishes the urinary tract and kidneys and thus is effective in urine related problems and renal calculi.
* Powder- its powder is effective in diseases like body aches especially headache, paralysis, convulsions, and respiratory tract related problems like cough, cold and asthma. It also helps in expelling out the mucus so as to ease the respiration. It also strengthens the heart muscles.
* Paste- its paste is applied on the insect bites and is also effective in relieving from head aches.